Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kiss my Butte

Two posts in one day?  I must really hate doing homework!  (Sorry, Professor Au)   But I couldn't resist chiming in, because we just returned from the top of Crested Butte.

Now, before I met K, my definition of a scramble was something that came from eggs, veggies and some sort of ground meat.  Hopefully bacon.  But now that I'm married to a former mountain girl, my world has been opened up to all sorts of new adventures.  Witness our route:  
Red line added to highlight danger
I should have thought to be nervous when Tiff offered me her extra helmet, then asked if I had a rope and harness.  I didn't, but my gearhead wife happened to have one in the truckster.  So, off we went.

Not much of a story here, but I wanted to share a few fun shots of our ascent. Oh...and we all made it down uninjured!
We're going that way!

Peak in sight!


Taking a breather
Diving Board!





Tree pose at the peak!



1 comment: